I have a newfound love for nuts. Eating the Paleo way has really broadened my food horizons and brought me out of my comfort zone in the kitchen and on my plate. Before Paleo, I had never eaten a beet, now I eat them weekly, I didn’t care much for nuts, and now I am sneaking those little buggers into everything I can!
These pecans are incredible. I know it’s almost impossible to not love candied nuts, but even Kevin who doesn’t eat 100% Paleo thought they were incredible.
I found a recipe on AllRecipes that was not so Paleo. I Paleoized it and shrunk it down a bit – because 1lb of pecans is a LOT of pecans.
For the past couple weeks, I’ve been whipping up a batch of these and storing them in the fridge. I grab a handful for a quick snack when I’m peckish, toss a handful onto salads, like my Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, or serve them with desserts. You need to try these. Trust me.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 egg white or gelatin egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 250f.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg white and water in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Add honey, salt and cinnamon and stir until pecans are evenly coated.
- Spoon pecans, draining the majority of the liquid, onto a silicone or parchment covered baking sheet. Spread pecans into a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on glass cutting board to cool if using parchment - as the candied pecans will stick to your parchment paper